Oct 19, 2008

Shalom

There’s nothing to complain of while travelling! The fact not to spend luxury nights, not to take the fresh food, to have frequent cold showers, to start spending the night on tents and sleep on the ground, get your shoes dusty and muddy, and to get heavy backpacks on your back and start walking or roaming around ... this is the travel philosophy! The dictum to leave the ordinary and humdrum daily life behind and go away to experience something very new! This is what millions of travelers want to experience and they select Morocco as a number one must-visit choice on their list. While on my way back to Meknes, I've decided to go a little bit deeper, and it was my spontaneous choice to visit and study about some primitive villages around the mountains then to go to the most gorgeous known Cascades of Ouzoud! Just as unplanned as never it sometimes seems to be, I met a couple of tourists from Israel, who wanted to go to the same destination as I did for ad hoc! We got a ride penetrating The High Atlas from Azilal to the location of Cascades in the West. Once we reached there, we got outstandingly astonished by the very pure view from the top down the 530 meters of the cascade. I suggested having tea right in front of the cascade and sometimes watching the monkeys coming to the table and stealing the bread. It was a very amazing experience I had with this friendly couple from Israel, and I am looking forwards to meeting them again to go to Chefchaouen and show them what a real adventure looks like for real. I hope you enjoyed your backpacking trip in Tafraouet! I am so proud I have a chance to meet backpacking tourists from Israel!

No comments: